Job Resume Writing for Immigrants. How To Get Hired as Newcomers in Canada or USA.

4

Written on 8:48 AM by Gabi


As an immigrant I had to go through the whole learning process of a job finding race. My adviser teach me things without which I could’t survive. For the first couple of months after my arrival in Canada, I was still dizzy with all the incoming information and I had no possibility to make any difference between the good quality ones and the useless ones. My first action as a job seeker was to contact the recruitment agencies and arrange meetings with them. I was seeking for an office assistant, probably an entry level job to start with. And so I did for around 3 months with absolutely 0 results. I realized that I do not have a good approaching technique and I need to know where I did wrong. Lucky me, I knew some guy in Toronto who was in the HR business and I asked him to look over my resume. It was exactly the same resume I have been sending to the recruiters with no good feed backs. The resume was so bad that could rapidly end up in a garbage bin. My resume writing style was totally wrong. I told him that I used MS Word for writing the resume by editing a template that I downloaded from some web site with resume samples. The guy told me something that I will later realize as the number 1 essential thing that you have to concentrate when writing resumes. He said that is not always about what you write down on the resume but it is about how you do it. I decided to have him rebuilt my resume from scratch but unfortunately was quite expensive for me as an immigrant with absolutely no source of income. I had to borrow money so I can invest in myself and be able to have real chances of being hired. I needed a job as fast as possible. Ruffly I paid him something like $150 for writing the resume and around $75 for the job interview preparation. He teach me things I would’t ever imagine that will count for an HR manager. He redid my resume in such way, even me, a totally amateur, I could see a very big difference. I learned why recruiters ask the job seeker apparently non sense questions and I knew what to answer to such tricks. I soon started to learn the very basics of body language so I know how to increase my hiring chances. I learned so many things about resumes and the job interview secrets that I did not even dreamed about.
No doubt, shortly I got hired by Best Buy Canada. I soon started to pay back the money I borrowed and make my own money.

The technology has been rapidly change ever since. Now, modern online tools will help you better and for less. There are lots of great online resume consultants and even resume writing software so you can have a brilliant imagine when the employer calls you for an interview. The new automated resume writing software is around 40 bucks and is definitely worth investing in. There are also great online cover letter samples that could really help you achieve your job objectives. A good resume writing software and a cover letter sample plus a short interview preparation course can cost you probably less that 100 bucks and it gives you so many more chances to get hired. So remember this:

Resume Writing Software means Less Time, Less Money, More Chances or LT, LM, MC

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

4 Comments

  1. Claire Bell |

    This is a different style of sharing read more content and its very new for me.I would like to learn more new things from you.Good to see this post.

     
  2. JesseHanson |

    I have read a lot about Tesla project which is very informative.I am searching some research writing ideas from different read the article forums to write on this topic.

     
  3. anonymous |

    Wonderful article! I concur with your perspective what are you endeavoring to comprehend us but you can check look what i found to manage your essay work. As of late in this decision, we imagine that just individuals of the city can choose the president yet provincial individuals can choose the pioneer by utilizing their capacity of the vote.

     
  4. Richard C. Lambert |

    I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. best executive resume writers

     

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share

Share |